Information We Collect or Acquire
Depending upon the relationship you choose to have with us, we will collect an appropriate level of information about you. The information we may gather and collect falls into three basic categories: contact, personal, and financial. We attempt to ask you for only the information needed to address and serve your insurance needs.
We collect several types of information from and about our customers and others, including but not limited to:
- Information to analyze website usage when you start an insurance quote on our website.
- Details collected as you navigate through our site. Site navigation does not generate personally identifiable information automatically.
- Credit reports and information on your claims history with other insurers; however, this only occurs as part of an application, underwriting, or claims process.
- Information provided by filling in forms on our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information provided to apply for or maintain an insurance policy.
- Information that you provide by entering a contest or promotion sponsored by us, visiting our booth at trade shows and other events, or participating in our sponsored webcasts.
- IP Addresses. If you submit an electronic application for insurance with us, for verification means we will gather your IP address, along with the time and date when the application is submitted. This information is linked to the personal information you provide as part of the application process.
- Web Beacons. Our website pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access personal information and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the website.
- Cookies. When you use a web browser to access our site, small text files called cookies are created to track your site use, including where you left off, login information, personal preferences, and other customized functions. Session cookies are temporarily created while you view our site and are deleted when you leave. Persistent cookies remain in your browser’s subfolder and are activated each time you return to the website during the lifetime of the cookie. Our website uses these cookies for the following reasons:
- Administer and allow personalization of the website
- Quote and administer a policy or other requests
- Obtain website analytics
- Retarget or advertise on third-party sites
Your web browser can be set to notify you of a cookie and allow you to accept it. If you disable your browser from accepting cookies, this may limit your website experience.
Uses Made of Your Information
We use your information to:
- Present our website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- Administer any policy of insurance we issue.
- Notify you about our products or services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for any purpose. We may, however, disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business and who are required to hold the information in confidence.
- Your agent or broker, if applicable.
- Those we are required to share with under a court or administrative order or other legal process.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. If you do not want us to use your email address to provide information about our products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us via phone, fax, mail, or e-mail. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions, and we will honor that request.
Security of Your Information
We use physical, technical and administrative safeguards in protecting your personal information in compliance with state and federal law. Sensitive information that is transmitted to us online (such as a credit card number) is encrypted while it is being transmitted. In addition, access to all personal information is restricted to only those employees or agents who need the information to perform their official duties.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may provide feedback, comments, requests for technical support, other communications, and obtain other contact information by visiting Contact Us.